Infused Oils in CP

JanetsCandles

Is there a benefit to using infused oils in CP instead of using EO for it? Is it a scent or color thing?

I thought about using some rosemary infused oil in CP (I would be making it myself) but not really sure if it would have a good effect. And how on earth would you label something like that anyway?

I use calendula and chamomile for a soothing effect on irritated skin. I can't really quantify that scientifically but I believe it survives the lye monster and brings nice qualities to the soap. It does provide slight color but not a strong fragrance because the infused oil is a small amount I add at trace. HTH

Steve

I infuse herbs of all types in oils and also make a tea. I like the properties it brings to soap. I like the colors some create. I do NOT use them to replace Eo's as the scent from infusing is eaten up the lye. For the labels I list the infused oil as say Chamomile infused Olive oil, if any of the herb is in the soap I list that in the proper order of the list. When I make it with tea I list it as Chamomile tea instead of the water.