Why can't I...

Why can't I find the frickin frackin containers I'm looking for? All I want is BLACK!!! Maybe silver anything other than boring clear glass.

I feel better now...:grin2:

Thanks!

Edited by sickboy

I just got the 7 oz glass container from general wax...they are sharp. Would love a larger black jar similiar to it...say 12 oz. I also

bought the silver lids for that 7oz jar and it looks so good. I can't wait to test in them. Now I'm off to google black containers.

I would certainly recommend that small container though. It's sharp! It's more of a matte black...which is what I like.

check these out though...some people are so handy lol

http://pureandnoble.blogspot.com/2011/06/reduce-reuse-recycle-repeat-mason-jars.html

Edited by debratant
added link

I just got the 7 oz glass container from general wax...they are sharp. Would love a larger black jar similiar to it...say 12 oz. I also

bought the silver lids for that 7oz jar and it looks so good. I can't wait to test in them. Now I'm off to google black containers.

I would certainly recommend that small container though. It's sharp! It's more of a matte black...which is what I like.

check these out though...some people are so handy lol

http://pureandnoble.blogspot.com/2011/06/reduce-reuse-recycle-repeat-mason-jars.html

Oh, wow! That is so cool! Is it safe to use painted jars for burning as a container candle?

I LOVE the idea of writing a word or drawing a design with puffy paint pen and then spray painting over it! Wow!

I don't know if it would be safe or not. They make spray paint for grills and we cook in those LOL. I really love the look of the

black and white painted mason jars. And technically...you only paint the outside right?

I was thinking of picking up one of each to see how I will like them and yes if they were only bigger. That link is very sick! I thought of painting some small Mason jar lids because I do not like the funky design on the cap, now I'll just paint the glass too. And yes I would only paint the outside of the glass to be safe. I know you can find high temp flat black rattle paint at any local auto parts store that might be safer to use IDK. Test, test, test & test again.

Thank you for the link Debbie.

Don't complain! Here in Australia Status jars are all the rage. Everyone uses them. One of our local suppliers is starting to look as though that is the only jar they are going to continue to carry. I look at the stuff that you guys can get off the shelf and just about cry!

What I would do to get some Libby jars that dont cost me $4.50 / jar and ANOTHER $4 odd for the damn lid!!!!!

Votive display boxes are another item. Yeah I just got 50 of them and 100 other small gift type boxes for votives, delivered all the way from Canada. Took 9 weeks to get here and the shipping was more than the combined cost of the boxes. Why do I do it? Because we take great pride in our presentation and packaging. Can we pass the cost on? Sometimes. Will I keep on doing it? Damn right I will.....LOL

Such is life living with only 20 million people I guess............

/RANTOFF

Richard

I was thinking of picking up one of each to see how I will like them and yes if they were only bigger. That link is very sick! I thought of painting some small Mason jar lids because I do not like the funky design on the cap, now I'll just paint the glass too. And yes I would only paint the outside of the glass to be safe. I know you can find high temp flat black rattle paint at any local auto parts store that might be safer to use IDK. Test, test, test & test again.

Thank you for the link Debbie.

Your welcome :) When I get some free time and nice weather, I'm going to do the painting thing too.

We have used painted glass jars in the past. Inside or outside. They work fine with no problems. We get them from AAA Candles in one of the suburbs of Dallas. Google them. You select the jars, color, and style you want. AAA sends them jars to a company where they are painted then sent directly to you. The paint jobs are perfect. We don't use them any more because they didn't sell well for us. HTH