KY natural votive and pillar wax

moonshine

I just received my order of this wax.... I have been very happy with my current blend and really dont know why I am trying something new again other than the fact I ALWAYS wonder if there is better out there! LOL

I liked what I read in reviews on this wax from people for soy melts (tarts) and I really liked the idea that IF it was that good I wouldnt have to order 2 different waxes anymore and save on shipping and some time....however I must of missed the memo that "this wax requires a second pour" UGGHHHH:timeout: seriously!! I hate making votives because of this reason and now I would have to do this with melts!

Before I go start experimenting...

Anyone out there use this wax? Is a second pour really neccesary? and how does it compare to the PB if you have ever used that as well

Thanks

I bought the votive and pillar- the tart and votive is a para-soy which I did not want

but the more I think of it... the PB is a soy votive and pillar wax and although I blend it with container soy for melts I do not have to do a second pour- the votives I do because of the flaired top on the molds to make them look better and not sunk in

I have made straight PB melts and did not like the HT but I dont remember thinking they looked bad as in needing a second pour so I am going to try this stuff that is supposed to have amazing HT without a second pour and see what happens... hey if the throw is there I can always blend in container to this also to use it up if needed-- I guess

• 2 months later...

I am really liking it- it pops right out of the mold easily and holds FO beautifully and no frost at all so far

It does need a cure- the longer the stronger and so far all the scents I have done have way outdone my PB/various container blends in strength of throw but I am still trying to determine if they last as long- I am testing them at work and the hours are 9 to 5 and so far they have been lasting that long for sure and some into the next day- it does yellow and start to smell waxy when the scent burns out- but I consider that pretty good as I have never got that long out of a yank melt

My other blend I am thinking may last a little longer but not as strong in throw so last night I added a touch of 415 just to see if this helps with duration- I will keep you posted- but overall I do have to say I am loving it- I like strong and would rather swap it out sooner than have longer "fainter" throw

Have not tried votives yet but plan to soon

Thx! Have you compared KYs V&P wax with their Parasoy tart wax? Right now Im testing TCS tart wax...pops right out, decent ht, but doesnt last long. Hopefully will get a chance later this week to test it with some C3...

Imc- no I have never used a parasoy or paraffin- I started with soy and never ventured outside of it yet -3 years later still looking for the perfect blends! LOL

And with tarts I am at the point where I am almost out of PB and my third 10lb bag of ky p&v and still don't know what to do!