Molds for CP

JanetsCandles

NO! IT IS A VERY DANGEROUS COMBO! It will cause a bad reaction. It is a combo that will release a deadly gas fumes. Never use any type of metal with CP soaps other than stainless steel. . Please make sure it is 100% stainless. I had a link to a video that showed what happens when you mix them together and for the life of me I can not find it. I would not even use it if it was lined with something as the soap can leak through the liner. Use only silicone, wood, heavy cardboard boxes, Plastics, acrylic.. anything but metals.

You should check out TAP Plastics on Youtube. I purchased a pound of their silicone and made molds for an upcoming order of 200 soaps for a fund raiser with the ribbon on top. They aren't pretty but the soaps look great and it wasn't hard at all to make. The vids are very helpful and you could make silicone molds of those tins real easy IMHO. A pound will cost you about $40.00 plus s&h. HTH

Steve

Smooth-On is another GREAT source for information on moldmaking, materials and tons of videos.

http://www.smooth-on.com/

I use a lot of *found* molds - plastic (jello molds, individual packed dog food trays), lined cardboard boxes (Domino's sandwiches, desserts, wings; Omaha Steaks packages), some deli trays (warning: thin clear plastic tends to warp from heat), even packaging materials! When you go to the Dollar Store, you can see many inexpensive *molds* there!! Party stores are also wonderful places to find unintentional molds as well as yard sales, second-hand stores, etc.