Hand Sanitizer

msalex28a

I make my own with alcohol, aloe vera gel and scent.. hth

Use the highest percentage of alcohol you can buy.

I love it and its cheap

If you arw worried about dry hands after using it. just add some oil of your choice into mix. Not much tho. I always add jojoba

moonrose......I'm headed out this morning for odds 'n ends shopping. Would you mind disclosing how much alcohol you put in the gel? If you don't want to give your recipe...np. Just wanted to make sure I get enough of each. TIA

Funny enough BCN is out of stock. I've used Candles and Supplies and was extremely happy but I'd have to purchase my bottles else where. The Chemistry Store has it and the bottles so it helps with shipping costs but I don't want to buy theres if the quality is not that good.

• 2 weeks later...
moonrose......I'm headed out this morning for odds 'n ends shopping. Would you mind disclosing how much alcohol you put in the gel? If you don't want to give your recipe...np. Just wanted to make sure I get enough of each. TIA

im sorry i didnt see this earlier...

No problem at all

Simple

2 cups aloe gel more if needed

3 cups vinegar

2 cups water.

Shke the bottle real good or even blend it all.

Then add desired scent to it..

Wonderf stuff

If it seems tooo running yet add more aloe until it turns in a gel...

I used the 91% for eevaporation

im sorry i didnt see this earlier...

No problem at all

Simple

2 cups aloe gel more if needed

3 cups vinegar

2 cups water.

Shke the bottle real good or even blend it all.

Then add desired scent to it..

Wonderf stuff

If it seems tooo running yet add more aloe until it turns in a gel...

I used the 91% for eevaporation

Thank you......so just add alcohol at any % desired? I use the 91% and vinegar for window cleaner so this is wonderful. Will be able to use the same ingredients for 2 products....actually three with the new fabric softener recipe posted recently that uses vinegar and am so pleased with how that works too.

Yes makes a great sanitizer...i made a gallon of it for our camping trip this year..i like that u can scent it any scent u want....i added grapefruit scent to mine.

OK...got it. The grapefruit scent is perfect for that product. I pretty much make large amounts of everything so I don't have to re-do it again for awhile so like the idea of a gallon at a time.

Like to have a bottle of it by each sink, in my purse, in car, etc. so is always handy. Will check some of the supplier for little bottles for me and the girls' purses and some pretty pump bottles for the bathrooms. Thinking the ones with silver rims on the pump.

Have you added the small jojoba beads by chance to give it a little extra pretty appeal in the bottle? Thinking they should suspend nicely.

Thanks again

Major blunder..

Omg did i screw up!!! That is not the sanitizer recipe....

I was on some heavy pain meds when i wrote this and i just seen this today.( not drugged up now). Uuug :embarasse

The real recipe is...

Simple...60% alcohol to 40% aloe gel...then add small amounts of scent...if it seems to runny just add more aloe...too thick? add more alcohol...easy ...and adding a bit of jojoba was correct....or any other oil u like. Just a little added helps.

I also color mine just for fun.

I am so sorry about that and i hope you did not make any yet.....oye....

Major blunder..

Omg did i screw up!!! That is not the sanitizer recipe....

I was on some heavy pain meds when i wrote this and i just seen this today.( not drugged up now). Uuug :embarasse

The real recipe is...

Simple...60% alcohol to 40% aloe gel...then add small amounts of scent...if it seems to runny just add more aloe...too thick? add more alcohol...easy ...and adding a bit of jojoba was correct....or any other oil u like. Just a little added helps.

I also color mine just for fun.

I am so sorry about that and i hope you did not make any yet.....oye....

I'm so glad you added this because I was confused about adding the 91% alcohol at any % that one wanted. Thought I was in one of my confused states...lol.

No, I did not make any yet.....picked up a big jug of aloe, had lots of 91% just didn't get to it....For once procrastination was a good thing for me :)

Thank you for posting the recipe

I am very glad i caught this.

The worse thing you can do is give wrong info.

Yup, i smacked myself....lol

Start with that recipe and tweak it to ur liking.

Make it as runny or thick as you like.

I like a thicker sanitizer.

Some that you can buy are just to runny for my liking.