NG Tobacco - OOB...Help

sisters3

Hello all!! Just received an order from NG in which I ordered the Tobacco FO.

Anyone out there use this in soy...or really any candle?

I'm asking this because OOB I am not getting the "tobacco" scent. I do not have much experience with NG FO's so I thought I would "bring it to the boards" :)

Thank you!

I've tried NG's tobacco before and thought it was OK, but not strong enough to continue buying.

Actually I've pretty much given up on NG. Their scents are great (when manufactured right), but I've found that most of them are inconsistent and FO scent throws vary drastically. I've order many scent from them, only to be disappointed when they arrive because the scent formula was either more diluted or completely different from what it was. I think the reviews on the site also reflect this. It's funny that 3+ years ago customer reviews were much higher than they are now. And scents were much stronger. At least that's my opinion.

Hmmm, thank you for your opinion.

I will hope that OOB..bad...in my soy....good. We'll see

I've read so many posts on pipe FO's, can't seem to find Santa's pipe, and that did sound like what I am looking for.

Need just a nice pipe FO, maybe a hint of cherry tobacco. My search continues! Thanks again

I love NG's scents and don't have a problem getting them to throw at all. Anyway, I haven't tried their tobacco but I had one that I didn't like OOB at all but once I put it in wax, I loved it. I don't like tobacco smells so I don't think I'd like that one, but you could try it. I usually let them cure a week or so before testing.

Hmmm, thank you for your opinion.

I will hope that OOB..bad...in my soy....good. We'll see

I think this is the problem. Some smell OOB strong, soy nothing. Other's a big goose egg OOB but when added to soy smell amazing. I've been hunting for a good tobacco FO for a while. Most are amber-like in quality and while nice, isn't what I'm really looking for. Best of luck with your NG FO. be sure to read their current customer reviews. If it isn't to much to ask, I'd be interested in hearing what you think about it when added to soy.

Edited by rctfavr3

I love NG's scents and don't have a problem getting them to throw at all. Anyway, I haven't tried their tobacco but I had one that I didn't like OOB at all but once I put it in wax, I loved it. I don't like tobacco smells so I don't think I'd like that one, but you could try it. I usually let them cure a week or so before testing.

Good to know! I will press on with my testing, thank you!

I think this is the problem. Some smell OOB strong, soy nothing. Other's a big goose egg OOB but when added to soy smell amazing. I've been hunting for a good tobacco FO for a while. Most are amber-like in quality and while nice, isn't what I'm really looking for. Best of luck with your NG FO. be sure to read their current customer reviews. If it isn't to much to ask, I'd be interested in hearing what you think about it when added to soy.

I'll be happy to let you know, I use GB464 if that helps. I am going to do (2) testers, one straight tobacco and one with a touch of cherry probably. Will let you know how it goes. I also will be testing NG's Tweed and Bay Rum too if you're interested.

I'll be happy to let you know, I use GB464 if that helps. I am going to do (2) testers, one straight tobacco and one with a touch of cherry probably. Will let you know how it goes. I also will be testing NG's Tweed and Bay Rum too if you're interested.

All good masculine scents. If you have it, I'd substitute an almond FO in-place of the cherry in your Tobacco test. Almond has many of the same scent characteristics without being fruity or overly sweet. Also almond has a slight bitter earthiness that I think might work better with your FO. Going for a cherrywood like smell? I remember Wellington having a pipe tobacco FO with cherrywood in it, but it smelled so strong of cherry that it overpowered the tobacco notes.

If you're a fan of cedarwood, it's also a good companion for any of those FOs mentioned. Just thought I'd throw that out there. You'll like Tweed.

Edited by rctfavr3

Great info rctfavr3!! Thank you. Yes, we're in the middle of testing our men's line right now. Going fairly well, catchy name, cool jars, labels, etc. but the scents are difficult for me. One of my sisters has "the nose" for deciding on the scents for our lines, I'm the tester :)

10/4 on the almond, I will do EXACTLY that and thank you again! We're using cedarwood alone and in one of our custom scents, love cedarwood, I get ours from MC, nice HT !! I will report back our test results on the tobacco testers, hope I have good news :)

Edited by sisters3

Sure no problem! One of our most popular candles is "driftwood" or at least that's what I've called it. It's sells well. I'm partial to the more manly FOs anyway because well...I'm a dude.

We have it as a bathroom spray and a candle. It's a mix of cedarwood, basil, and coconut. It smells awesome. Have fun experimenting. Back on subject, look forward to their tobacco review.

Edited by rctfavr3

I'm partial to the more manly FOs anyway because well...I'm a dude.

This really made me giggle, thank you, needed a laugh in the late afternoon! The sister with "the nose" plans on using CS driftwood in one of her "brews", we'll see what she comes up with, scares me sometimes :)

Will stay in touch on the tests.....Peace

When buying a fragrance, it's important to read the description and not just buy something based on the name. NG tells you in the description that this is not a pipe smell, but that of the tobacco flower. That would be why you were disappointed in the scent.

I don't mean to start a fight or anything but I was disappointed because it was not strong. Not because it was the plant part of the tobacco. I knew when ordering that it wasn't a pipe smell. I just didn't like it because it was weak. That would be why I was disappointed. Also, I'm referring to most of NG scents. I'm just not happy with that many. But, that's my personal opinion. To each their own. The best pipe tobacco fragrance...and the only tobacco FO I use is BCs.

Edited by rctfavr3

I don't mean to start a fight or anything but I was disappointed because it was not strong. Not because it was the plant part of the tobacco. I knew when ordering that it wasn't a pipe smell. I just didn't like it because it was weak. That would be why I was disappointed. Also, I'm referring to most of NG scents. I'm just not happy with that many. But, that's my personal opinion. To each their own. The best pipe tobacco fragrance...and the only tobacco FO I use is BCs.

My response was to the OP and not you -- didn't realize you would think I was talking to you. Sorry about that ;-)

When buying a fragrance, it's important to read the description and not just buy something based on the name. NG tells you in the description that this is not a pipe smell, but that of the tobacco flower. That would be why you were disappointed in the scent.

Understood 100%, went back (and left my excitement behind) re-read the description and see your point. Thank you! I will test this one and see how it does, then try BC's :)