Fructis Dandruff

soycrazy

Not having smelled it, I doubt I can offer much help. Does the bottle list any specific extracts or scents? Sometimes they do. More than likely all it will say is "fragrance". If it does list a few scents...you might be able to experiment with your own FOs. By law, even with fragrances, all reported ingredients must be be listed consecutively with the largest amount first, in order of use. Check the generics shampoo labels! They tend to brag a little more about what their knockoff shampoo contains.

It can be difficult, but you could try to isolate the individual scents. See if you can identify the top, middle and base notes. The top note will be the easiest to work with.

For example: If you immediately smell "mint" from the shampoo. Place a small drop of your top note FO (mint) on a strip of paper or cardboard, then add another middle note FO( the next scent you smell) then add another drop of a base note FO (the note you smell last usually after dry down) Wave the strip around your nose so the FOs blend together. If the strip smell similar to the shampoo...then your on the right track!

If you really want this scent...the easiest but most expensive option is to water a small amount of it down using perfumers alchol and then mail the diluted shampoo ( about an ounce) to a fragrance company that can duplicate the scent for you. Most companies can do this now for a nominal fee. You will probably be required to purchase a large volume of the fragrance.

I'll try and give it a whiff next time Im in Walmart, and see if I can smell anything. Sorry I couldn't help you further.

Edited by rctfavr3