Tradewinds Fragrances - In Product Reviews

ProudMarineMom

Sorry this took so long but I finally got the Tradewinds fragrances in some products and I'll do my best to review them. I made M&P soap, melts and candles. Haven't made candles in a while since I lost all my notes and forgot how tough it can be. They turned out fugly, but seem to have them wicked correctly.

Everything has been curing for about a week.

Hawaiian Breeze

• M&P - Very strong and no discoloration. I did an aqua color.
  • Melts - CT is medium, have not burned a melt yet.
  • Candle - CT and HT Strong. I'm using 464 with a little 4630 and a CD wick.

I'm still not a fan of this one, too much ozone, bamboo or something. Just has a strong laundery detergent smell to me. But, I have the candle burning now and it smells much nicer.

Bamboo Teak

M&P - Strong and some discoloration. This was done in a light green and is now a muddy green.

Melts - CT is medium, have not burned a melt yet. Did do this in a warmer oil and it was fairly strong. Get more of the teakwood notes when burning.

Candle - CT is strong.

This is a warm fragrance and I really like it. But, there are other FO that are similar or that I like better.

Honesuckle Violet

• M&P - Very strong and no discoloration. Did this one in yellow.
  • Melts - Medium CT. Have not burned a melt of this one either. But the warmer oil was very strong.
  • Candle - Strong CT

This is a strong honeysuckle but doesn't seem overly sweet as some. I think the violet calms it down. Some of the other floral notes come through in the soap.

Apple Cloverleaf

• M&P - Medium to strong throw with no discoloration. This was done in a light pink.
  • Melts - Medium CT and a surprising strong HT
  • Candles - Medium CT

This one is starting to grow on me, it's a nice fresh scent. It's coming alive as it cures in the soap. And the HT in the melt is pretty darn good. This was is faint out of bottle but seems to do well in product.

Blackberry Fig

• M&P - Awesome in soap and I don't think there is any discoloration. I did this in a dark purple and I think it's still pretty true.
  • Melts - CT Medium, have not burned a melt. It is wonderful in a warmer oil.
  • Candle - CT pretty strong. HT strong.

This one is definitely worth the price of admission, very nice fragrance. I thought it would be one I would like the least but it is my favorite. Have been using the soap and loving it. The warmer oil is outstanding as well.

Hope this helps someone out - J

Edited by ProudMarineMom