Scent Throw and Double Wicking

So...I've been testing double wicking with a new apothecary jar 22 oz and 31 oz approx. 3 3/4 " .....2 cdn 14's in C1 .

The melt pool seems to occur quicker......however going with a larger wick (cdn 22 didn't get it - cdn 24 gets a huge mushroom)

I have noticed when testing for example Christmas Splendor and Harvest from Mill Creek..the scent throw at 1 oz per lb and double wick is REALLY strong.

Have any of you found going from single wicks to double a huge difference in strength? I have really...never had to back off many scents. I'm starting to think I am becoming sensitive to clove / spice and maybe it is just me. Most of my clients like a more subtle scent that fills the room....not overwealming.

Wondering if backing the F/O down will help?

I was never able to single wick my 4" 8 oz apoth when using either 464 or 4630. Double wicks did work and the HT is great but I think that is because the whole jar and wax getting hotter than with a single. The last third of the candle seems to have a diminished throw and I think that is because most of it has burned off by then. Another sign of it being hot, however, I have no alternatives at this point. I'm using CD-5s with 464 and ECO-2s with the 4630.

I can't imagine using 2 CDn-14s but I am not using such deep jars.