carmenpaigee

Welcome to your new addiction!!! You'll find tons of info by using the search feature. You need to figure out what wax you are interested in learning. There's parrafin, soy, soy blends, palm, beeswax etc. So you'll need to find out what you are interested in and get a kit from a reputable supplier for the type of wax you want. I know there are some suppliers that sell tart kits so I'd start there. I'm sure more will jump in with some more info soon. The search feature will become your new best friend!! :) Have fun.

I think some of the kits have some of the more popluar scents for that particular supplier. I'd pick some scents that you like since these will be for you and for testing purposes. No sense in starting out with scents you don't like. There are so many fragrances out there it can be overwhelming as what to get. If your a bakery type person or a fruity type person start there. Once you learn what you're doing and have the wax and those first scents down you can branch out a bit and try more scents. You could do a search for the supplier you're getting the wax from to see what scents others on the forum have recommended or do a search for your wax and see if there are any suggestions for scents that others have had success with in that particular wax.

Welcome to you !!! You are going to love making melts. I am curious about one thing. What made you pick that particular wax? Im not saying there's a thing in the world wrong with it, I just haven't ever looked into that one in particular because Im very happy with my wax ( well I am except when the manufacturer put too much vybar in it this last time lol ) but Im always looking to learn more about different waxes, and was just curious as to why you picked that wax out of the 100 or so that are out there, after only having researched it for a very short time. I think it's great you figured out what you wanted so fast !!!! Lawd , it took me over a year of research before I settled on mine ( I wanted something I could eventually do multiple things with and had all the qualities I wanted... large FO load, almost no "cure" time in theory, something I could use in multiple applications like tp, melts, bears, other dipped items, etc, and had a great HT and CT and was pretty well known for "playin purdy" with most FOs.

Welcome to you !!! You are going to love making melts. I am curious about one thing. What made you pick that particular wax? Im not saying there's a thing in the world wrong with it, I just haven't ever looked into that one in particular because Im very happy with my wax ( well I am except when the manufacturer put too much vybar in it this last time lol ) but Im always looking to learn more about different waxes, and was just curious as to why you picked that wax out of the 100 or so that are out there, after only having researched it for a very short time. I think it's great you figured out what you wanted so fast !!!! Lawd , it took me over a year of research before I settled on mine ( I wanted something I could eventually do multiple things with and had all the qualities I wanted... large FO load, almost no "cure" time in theory, something I could use in multiple applications like tp, melts, bears, other dipped items, etc, and had a great HT and CT and was pretty well known for "playin purdy" with most FOs.

Well, I really had no idea where to start, but I just looked through a great deal of posts on here and people seemed to like it, so I just went with it!

Oh that's cool. There's nothing like getting feedback from the people who use or make what you're trying to figure out! That's one of the great things about this board! I will say this, and it's not that big an issue for melts as it is candles, but you know how some scents wont work in a particular wax but does in another ?? Well, sometimes, the part of the country you are in, and the environment can make a difference too! I know some people who if they used my wax, it would get too brittle for them in the winter....... but one of the reasons I use my wax, is because it can withstand the high temps in the south during the summer ! See if you can talk to some people in your state that uses that wax and see how it performed for them in the melt application!! Thankfully, this board is very active, and helpful, and you should find someone really fast !!!!

I haven't used KY Para-Soy blend for my tarts, but I do use KY/RE (Rustic Escentuals) fragrance oils for my tarts and candles. They're oils are fantastic in the pillar/tart wax that I use, as well as the 464 wax I use for candles. Rustic Escentuals has great customer service and ships very quickly. I'm sure you'll find them to be a great supplier for oils and wax.