Re-Melt Soy

I have a few candles that I tested with GB 464, and knew rather soon, the wicks were not sized correctly, so I abandoned the test.

What is the best practice for getting the wax out of the glass containers, and re-melting to try to do a different test with different wicks? Or is re-melting a bad idea?

Edited by Bottlecrafters

I have a few candles that I tested with GB 464, and knew rather soon, the wicks were not sized correctly, so I abandoned the test.

What is the best practice for getting the wax out of the glass containers, and re-melting to try to do a different test with different wicks? Or is re-melting a bad idea?

I've never had a problem remelting 464. I just set up a double boiler and put in the containers. Once the wick can be removed I pour the liquid and still solid floaters into a working container like a pouring pot. If you weight the pot before adding the wax, you can get a good reading on how much wax you do have after a reweigh with wax.

What is the best practice for getting the wax out of the glass containers?

This is my method - some may disagree. Since it is a glass container you may not need to remelt/repour. IF THERE IS ENOUGH WAX TO SUPPORT THE WICK AFTER IT HAS RE-SOLIDIFIED (I use 2 inches as my minimum) I take a pair of pliers and pull out the old wick & drop in another size. You can do this several times as long as there is enough wax to continue supporting the wick. After it's lit, and I get a good feeling that it may be the right size, it's time to make a full sized container to test from beginning to end. TIP: If the hole in the wax seems to be too narrow you can ream it out with an ice pick or skewer.