Leaving warmers (bulb under a dish of wax) on long-term?

Darbla

I wouldn't recommend it especially if there is wax in the bowl. One just never knows what might happen and if you are sleeping you wont be there to immediatly correct and problems if any. Those warmers are very different from one manufacturer to another and even with the exact same warmers, one will get very hot while another will only get hot enough to melt the wax. IMO it's just not worth taking a chance.

I have always left my warmers on 24-7 and the only thing that has happened to me is the bulb will go out lol. I would put a candle plate or something underneath the electric warmer because I have noticed even with only leaving on for a few hours, sometimes they can get hot and make the counter top, shelf, etc a little warm.

I have about 4 different brand melters (Scentsy, BH&G, Levine Gifts, Candlewarmers.com) and have not had any problems with leaving them on all night yet. Now, going thru bulbs is another story lol.

This is my first post. I appreciate everyones contribution to the board. I used to leave my Sc---y warmer on all the time. One day I smelled something hot in the house. I traced the smell to the warmer. The cord was literally red hot about two inches from where it attached to the warmer. If I had not been home I hate to think what might have happened.

Welcome to the board, MrsB!

I too would be hesitant to leave something like that plugged in for a prolonged period of time. But I errr on the better safe than sorry theory. I HAVE burned my warmers for 8-12 hours at a time but always periodically checked back on them. That's what happens when you grow up though in the home of a fireman! :)

I have electric tin warmers and have had them on for almost 12 years. Just change a light bulb and back on they go 24/7. A bulb will last for years before it goes out. These are Irvin's Country Tin petite warmers.

Where do you get your bulbs LOL I wish I could get years out of mine :) Scentsy is the worst with bulbs for me..they go out alot. And my candlewarmer.com melter went out after 1 month.

I'm tempted to leave mine on all night as a night light, and turn it off in the mornings. But is that a bad idea from a safety standpoint? It's a cheapie Harmony brand from Walgreens.

If you want to delve into the realm of stupid.....go for it.

I leave mine on at night as a night light, I also enjoy waking up to the smell :-)

Why would you consider this stupid? If it's electric there's not a lot of difference from your electric microwave, toaster, coffee pot, or LAMP. If the wiring is faulty it can happen anytime with or without warning. Doesn't matter if your asleep, awake, or not at home, the risk is always the same. All of mine use a light bulb for the heat source, no more than 25 watt, how is this different from a small night light lamp?

If you don't feel comfortable doing it, then don't.