Can a fluffy top be made with M&P?

clueless

I see all those beautiful soaps with the thick fluffly looking tops. It looks like a meringue on the top of the soap with lots of texture. I was wondering if this can be achieved with M&P? And if so can someone offer so easy tips for me?

Here is a photo I found on Etsy so I could show you all an example of what I'm talking about. Sorry for the silly question, but we all gotta learn lol.

post-14009-139458492235_thumb.jpg

pencil.png

I was trying to do something else, don't remember what, not cupcakes. Tried this and it was pretty fluffy and creamy, just don't know how it would setup overnight because I scrapped it for what I was doing.

Basically, just melt the M&P with the double broiler technique. Add your FO and incorporate into the soap. Put the bowl with the melted soap into an ice bath and start whipping. However, this might still dry too hard. I also added some liquid Castile Gel (Camden Grey) and it was sort of buttercream like. Again, not sure how hard it will dry.

Other than that, maybe using a whipped body frosting or whipped sugar scrub. But, that's not soap and would eventually go bad.

I will try just whipping it and see if it comes out fluffy? I just don't want to do the kind that sets up rock hard like the cupcake topping does. Plus I'm horrible at piping lol. I know this can be done because I see tons and tons of soaps with the pretty fluffy top.

I have found that it's possible whipping it with just a touch of glycerin with a whisk or spoon for a very very very very long time works. I've used a stick blender, I've tried different temps, all turn it to rock real quick.

Oops, not glycerine, liquid castille soap, sorry. :embarasse

Edited by MoonShadow

So it can be done, it just has to be whipped for a long time and then added to the top very quickly. gotcha. I'm atleast going to try. I love the way it looks! Thank you for sharing.

-So it is like icing a cake? And when you say rock hard, do you really mean like rock hard? Not soft like soap?

So it can be done, it just has to be whipped for a long time and then added to the top very quickly. gotcha. I'm atleast going to try. I love the way it looks! Thank you for sharing.

-So it is like icing a cake? And when you say rock hard, do you really mean like rock hard? Not soft like soap?

Not exactly like icing a cake, if it's over-whipped or over-cooled, when I say hard, I mean bar soap hard. It just takes patience. When it starts to thicken, pile it up by spoonfuls on top of one another.