Plug in air fresheners- can you refill?

se2653

Has anyone refilled the plug- in air fresheners at home, and what did you use? I know you have to be careful to not use anything flammable. I have a few of these and would like to use them, but don't like to pay the high price for the retail refills. I also find so many are very overpowering, and would like to use some leftover fo's that I have, and adjust the amount. Just thought I'd check with you experts!! Thanks for any input and advice!

Not knowing what is in the original ones that makes it able to go up that wick, I really don't think it would be a good idea to try this. It's too risky for me when you're dealing with a combination of oil and electricity. If you are wanting to make air freshners for your house, I'd try making some salts or sprays or something like that that doesn't come near the electricity.

i tried it once..i used a small stiff type wire so I could make a hole thru the material that is already there.'

I then used a pipette to refill, but it did not work very long, as I think it clogged up..

i think it should have had some type of diffuser mixed with the fo..to make it wick up thru the material..

i will try another one, i think i will mix some poly-20 mixed with the fo...

if you find a way..let us know..

i will post any results i find..

I have, refilled the oil warmer kind, but didn't replace the wick, just refilled my oil jar with reed diffuser combination stuff. The kind I had unscrewed from the actual jar so I could refill. But I'll warn you, I wouldn't resell those under any circumstances, and it's really not the best idea. I was just playing around with it in my own home. Also note, the jar only lasts for a short while, and I haven't found any supplies commercially for this. I never had any smoking problems, but I can seriously see a problem where that could occur. Basically, I wouldn't do it unless you plan to keep very close watch on it the entire time it's in the plug in.

good advice all! i did try putting oil and fo in one once, watched it closely of course, and had no scent with it. I find many of these too strong, may just need to stick with my candle and aroma beads in those areas. thanks for the input!