Coconut Wax Melting Questions

Hey Everyone! I just found this board and this is my first post. My wife and I just started making candles and today I bought coconut wax for the first time but am having difficulty finding out what temp to add scent and at what temp to pour into container. I have seen quite a few of you have had experience with this. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help!

Mike

I would stay within that range, are there any instructions on the vendors site? This is a really soft wax, are you mixing it with another was or just using it straight up? I have tried mixing it with soy and want to try mixing it with apricot wax when I get around to getting some.

Who was it that was testing out coconut wax on this board? If the search feature worked you could find some info on some of their tests.

I just wish it would become more widely distributed so more suppliers carried it. It sounds like something I'd like to try out sometime.

Here are the instructions from the manufacturer's (Accublend) website: HTH

http://www.accu-blend.com/PDF%20Files/all_nat_coconut_specs.pdf

HOW TO USE:

Heat to 200-210F degrees, remove from heat source, add fragrance oil and dye, blend and stir while cooling and pour at 200F degrees for best results. For Consistant smooth results, it is recommended to pour Hot @200-210F.

For thick glass and or cooler room temeratures below 65F, pre-heating the glass is recommended and poured at 200F.

For smoother top surfaces, it is recommended to heat lamp the surface after candle has set up.

All our natural blends were formulated to pour hot ( 200 to 210) for slower cooling rate which will result in consistant smoother looking candles and minimimize any blooming.

Maximum Fragrance load is 8%, but higher fragrance loads should be tested per fragrance.

(Wish they had used the spellchecker...)

Edited by Stella1952