Soy Based Candles

Ran across some of Yankee's soy attempts in the discount aisle and the label said that the wax was soy-based. Ok, so what does that mean? I will guess that it is a soy paraffin blend but how much soy might be in it with that definition? Is a soy-based candle >50% soy, 80% soy, and could it be 50% or less? Anyone know the definition for this one?

I don't know of a "definition," but I think of the wax I use, NatureWax C3, as a "soy-based" wax. What it isn't is 100% super hydrogenated soybean oil, like 415 for example. The extra stuff in it is soy-derived. It's not 100% soy, strictly speaking, because it has citric acid in it, but the rest of the stuff comes from soy by way of better living through chemistry, so to me, that's "soy-based." YankMe's definition may be different - I suspect they are "basing" that formula on soy and adding paraffin to it. I think for marketing purposes, "soy based" sounds far better to soy-crazy customers than "parasoy." Just my guesses...

I don't know the definiton either. I just wanted to say. I was in Bed Bath and Beyond and was looking at Yan...'s candles and they were horrible. If my candles were next to theirs, people would probably buy theirs first because of the name. I can't see how a big company can even ship something like that out to their customers. I will have to take a pic next time and post it. What a disgrace to the candle world.

Sales, but I think that they really bit themselves in the a$$ when they introduced them in a very green container, it is a very uncommon design color and many of their customers shop by color. Another thing they did not really do is put any existing scents into the soy candles and market them side by side. If they put their most popular scents into them and put them next to their paraffin candles they would have had a more successful launch. Their failure is our gain though.

I don't know the definiton either. I just wanted to say. I was in Bed Bath and Beyond and was looking at Yan...'s candles and they were horrible. If my candles were next to theirs, people would probably buy theirs first because of the name. I can't see how a big company can even ship something like that out to their customers. I will have to take a pic next time and post it. What a disgrace to the candle world.

I made a post a while back saying the exact same thing... same candles, same store. They were horrible.

I don't shop at Bed Bath and Beyond but I am a bit curious. I know that Yankee sells their seconds at some discount stores for about a third of the retail price. Is BB&B selling Yankee seconds or are they first?

I don't shop at Bed Bath and Beyond but I am a bit curious. I know that Yankee sells their seconds at some discount stores for about a third of the retail price. Is BB&B selling Yankee seconds or are they first?

BB&B is a high end store to me. They are not a seconds store at all. The way their products look in there, they shouldn't be in nobody store. No quality what so ever.

BB&B is a high end store to me. They are not a seconds store at all. The way their products look in there, they shouldn't be in nobody store. No quality what so ever.

Thanks! As I said I don't shop there in fact I have never even been inside of their stores. I asked a friend tonight where she purchases her Yankee seconds and she told me they are from Burkes Outlet.