Sampler Boxes

So I was wondering how successful these are? There are about 5 that I know of and I'm considering doing all of them. I am at 20% online sales, and I want to bump this considerably but getting the name out there on a larger platform is not incredibly easy. I see there are companies that do it every month so there has to be some kind of success. I am a little put off that there are often scentsy and other MLM reps in it which I am not a fan of but at their prices it could only make us look better.

So any experience with them?

Thanks!

I participate in one. While I can't say that I've really seen much of an increase in sales from it though. I've sent in about 150 samples and received maybe 2 orders. It seems most of the people who buy them are either other business owners scoping or people who like freebies. This is just my guess though, others may have great luck with them.

I agree. I stay away from them. I don't know anyone that ever made back what they gave in samples. The only person that really makes out is the one selling the sample box.

If they offer to pay for samples then that's no too bad, but no one does. You're supposed to donate them. Which is another pet peeve of mine. I don't get supplies for free- neither should they. As far as advertising is their expense to justify the donation, I've never seen a paid ad. Just free websites, facebook and message boards the cater to people not looking to really spend any money or free link exchanges with others in the box. Not really an expense and we all put time in that most of us don't get paid for.

I did do the math and most do 30-40 boxes at $20 each (plus shipping) so that is $600-800, when you take out the money for the packing, cc processing and web hosting that is $400-600 clear. Not too shabby, and most of them have candle companies that they advertise in them as well so it is an extra boost.