Question about hurricanes

Haven't tried it, but I wonder if you could make your hurricane with less wax, pour out the center like normal, keep the liner in, and fill the outside of the liner with different colors after it cools? there would have to be some way to make the layers stick so heating up the cooled layer with a torch and pour hot on top?

Haven't tried it, but I wonder if you could make your hurricane with less wax, pour out the center like normal, keep the liner in, and fill the outside of the liner with different colors after it cools? there would have to be some way to make the layers stick so heating up the cooled layer with a torch and pour hot on top?

If I were to try this, I'd pour the 2nd layer hot & use the heat gun on the outside and inside of the mold to hopefully seal the layers together...if the layers don't seal well, they'll probably come apart when demolded.

I can invision a marbled hurricane & think that would be fairly easy to achieve by dipping a toothpick in dye then gently dipping it in the wax in a few places right after pouring - while the wax is still hot.