Wicks for Baby food jars?????

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it a Ball jar? Kerr? or Walmart Mainstay? The Mainstay jars look flimsy.

I agree on the Mainstays ones, I was really excited when I first saw them but I took one out of the box and then put it right back in. Nope, not using them. What I typically find in this area are Ball jars and that's what I used in that particular instance.

• 2 weeks later...

I reuse my canning jars every year. Some are from my Grandmother. Some I bought new (30 years ago) and some I have picked up at auctions. The only ones that have broken for me are the new ones. Occasionally I wll chip an old one in storage and not be able to can with it, but mostly they are still used every year.

I have no access to used baby food jars as my Grandchildren are past that stage. I have seen some really cute ideas with them online, though. One uses graphics to make it look ike an old gerber jar and puts their information in the ingredients area. I bought some on line and did something similar for a couple of baby showers when my girls were pregnant. They went over very well.

As for reusing candle jars. I sell mine so I don't get them back. On of my Aunt's washes hers out and uses them for canning. If you are afraid to reuse them for candles, there are many other things you can do with them.

I have had many new jars break. The worst for it are the ones you use on the jar warmers. Perhaps they are not made to be kept warm that long?

As for the snooty replies and such, if somebodies replies bug you there is a "block" you can puton them, so you don't see anything they say. It makes for weird reading sometimes...