do fragrances mellos

jackie

Some FOs are much stronger than others. I have some that I use 1oz ppo, most are used at .7 ppo, and two that I can only handle at .5 ppo.

Some people are more sensitive to fragrance than others and prefer lightly scented soaps as well. Keep experimenting and see what you prefer. :smiley2:

Yes, in cp soap, fragrances do mellow as the soap cures and ages. I've only had a few that actually seem to get stronger with time, out of the 100's and 100's of fos I've tested over the years. I usually wait at least six weeks cure time before judging a new fo in soap. Most continue to mellow and soften (to one degree or another) with age. And some fo's can change, for better or worse, over time. That's why allowing your soap to cure for several weeks gives you a better idea of how the fo works in your soap. In my experience, some fragrances I've not cared for initially in fresh soap end up smelling delicious after 6 weeks cure time. And occasionally I get the reverse, fragrances that smell delicious in the freshly made soap, but morph into a fragrance I don't like, or fade altogether so that I can barely smell the fragrance. In the end, allowing your fragranced cp soap some cure time is a better way to judge your fo.

Sorry double post!

Yes, in cp soap, fragrances do mellow as the soap cures and ages. I've only had a few that actually seem to get stronger with time, out of the 100's and 100's of fos I've tested over the years. I usually wait at least six weeks cure time before judging a new fo in soap. Most continue to mellow and soften (to one degree or another) with age. And some fos can change, for better or worse, over time. That's why allowing your soap to cure for several weeks gives you a better idea of how the fo works in your soap. In my experience, some fragrances I've not cared for initially in fresh soap end up smelling delicious after 6 weeks cure time. And occasionally I get the reverse, fragrances that smell delicious in the freshly made soap, but morph into a fragrance I don't like, or fade altogether so that I can barely smell the fragrance. In the end, allowing your fragranced cp soap some cure time is a better way to judge your fo.