Web Banners

Tess

HI all!! I need to find a place to make a web banner. Any suggestions? I did a search and the only thing that came up was a place that charges 10.00 for a GIF format. I would like a GIF, but need a Jpg for sure. Thanks!!--Tess

Tess

Are you looking just to make a hot link banner? Or are you looking for a webring?Below is the banner I use for city of heroes. If you have an Internet service provider they should provide you space for a personal webpages. Then use paint or gimp to create and edit your image. Below is my banner and I used gimp. The Kanji in my banner Says "Reign of Shingen" or in english "Reign of the Compassionate eye"

amberlansig.gif

If it worked you should see a picture of yosimte national park

$10 doesn't sound bad for someone designing a graphic for you from scratch.

A web banner is just a standard graphic that's a standard size - 468 x 60 I think is the usual full banner, and you want to keep it small - 10-15K if not less...

And yes, you'd want a gif if you want it animated (seems like they all are now-a-days).

True the amber one is bigger shrank it down though.

PNG is same size as a jpeg and is becoming easier and more available. If you have a graphic design school or clases near you you may find a student to do it for you for the same price or lower.

10.00 form scratch beging to end is damn good.

Thanks all!! I am looking to get one for my new merchant account. It lets me customize my shopping cart, but it also creates its own little store for me in their database. I checked it out after making my buttons for some of my things, and it looked really plain without a banner. I have also had some use for it in the past to link on to other websites. So I figured I may as well get one going! I may just pay the 10 and make my life that much simpler!! Thanks for the links too!!