Wick Screws and Magnets Pro & Cons

I went from using wick screws angry.gif to the metal tape smilewide.gif after reading someones tip on the forum about it. I'm a much happier camper now. I haven't heard about magnets and I'm not sure I get how that is supposed to work. :confused:

I went from using wick screws angry.gif to the metal tape smilewide.gif after reading someones tip on the forum about it. I'm a much happier camper now. I haven't heard about magnets and I'm not sure I get how that is supposed to work. :confused:

I have a couple flat, sq magnets - don't know where I got them but not from a candle supply. They do work - just place them over the wick hole....

So, to understand this correctly, you put the wick through the wick hole in the mold and tape it in place using this metal tape? Then use your wick bar to secure it tight at the other end? I never thought of using it like that. I have used wick pins for most but I do have a few molds that I would rather pre-wick. And I did buy some of this tape some time ago for a specific mold where the wick pins stand up inside the mold instead of coming up through the bottom so the wick holes had to be covered to prevent leakage.