Blending soy and paraffin

Ok I think this is correct but wanted to check with someone else. when blending 25%soy and 75% paraffin this means I am taking 25% of 18oz to get 4.5oz of soy...and 75% of 16oz to get 13.5oz of paraffin? is this correct? so it will equal 18oz or 1 lb

Edited by mzphee

All candle making is done by weight, the wax and the FO. Not sure what the measuring cup says is relevant but if you need that number you have it. Just don't make your percentages based on volume, use weight.

your right I weight out on my scale but I also look to see what it measues on my pyrex I use(its just me being curious) but this is true when I weight out my blend of soy and paraffin the soy weighs more so it wouldnt be a good idea to measure...I got it:yay:

your right I weight out on my scale but I also look to see what it measues on my pyrex I use(its just me being curious) but this is true when I weight out my blend of soy and paraffin the soy weighs more so it wouldnt be a good idea to measure...I got it:yay:

Remember that wax (like most things) expand when heated and shrink when cooled. Some waxes shrink quite a bit, some not so much. You'll find the ones that don't shrink so much being marketed at low-shrink and single-pour. Make you blend based on weight and learn what weight fills the contain you use.

Remember that wax (like most things) expand when heated and shrink when cooled. Some waxes shrink quite a bit, some not so much. You'll find the ones that don't shrink so much being marketed at low-shrink and single-pour. Make you blend based on weight and learn what weight fills the contain you use.

ok thank you