Can you recommend a premade foaming base for a sugar scrub?

AlwaysWondering

Like a foaming bath butter? I think WSP has it, but have heard the price skyrocketed. Also think that you can make it with the Imagine Base from NG. I think there's a recipe on the product page for it. I have the Imagine Base, but have not had a whole lot of luck getting bubbles from it...

I would like to add my own scrubbies, FO and color, only looking for the base. Or is there a site you recommend for recipes?

Have subscribed to this thread AlwaysWondering b/c I am looking for the same. Have looked at one or two but don't want to spend the money to find out they don't perform well.

Thank you, Laura. I think you're right about bubbles. I've bought many from etsy sellers over the years and none really bubble but they do kind of lather. For me, it makes the scrub a bit more slippery and less scratchy. I don't like my body scrubs super scrubbie. I'll take a look at NG. I refuse to buy from WSP with their crazy pricing.

I just bought a finished product on Etsy.

The base ingredients are: distilled water, vegetable glycerin, sorbitol, sodium cocoyl isenthionate, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol and tetrasodium EDTA.

She added to it but nothing that would add bubbles.

It was creamy and bubbly! Loved it! Maybe I should say lathery not bubbly...it lathered awesomely!

The ingreds match Stephenson's base available :

ChemistryStore

SoapGoods

NewDirections

Lelamange

NuScentsCandle

Edited by NaturallyTru

I just bought a finished product on Etsy.

The base ingredients are: distilled water, vegetable glycerin, sorbitol, sodium cocoyl isenthionate, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol and tetrasodium EDTA.

She added to it but nothing that would add bubbles.

It was creamy and bubbly! Loved it! Maybe I should say lathery not bubbly...it lathered awesomely!

The ingreds match Stephenson's base available :

ChemistryStore

SoapGoods

NewDirections

Lelamange

NuScentsCandle

Thank you. I checked ChemistryStore and Soap Goods. Couldn't find it on ChemistryStore. Is it the Stephenson Foaming Bath Butter base on SoapGoods?

I currently use the base from The Chemistry Store, but have used WSP as well. They are both good, but WSP is creamier at the start and doesn't need to be whipped. However, TCS is much cheaper and I can add a few things to it to make it smoother and creamier while whipping it.

Bramble Berry has a foaming bath whip that is really good. I use it as a cream soap, shaving soap and bath whip.

http://www.brambleberry.com/Foaming-Bath-Whip-P4955.aspx

Ingredients: Glycerin, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sorbitol, Propylene glycol, Disodium Lauryl sulfosuccinate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Tetrasodium EDTA.

I too was looking for a good whipped butter but I wasn't sure if I wanted to go with a base or make my own with shea butter and oils. Still undecided.