Premier 700 series wick finding

Hi there,

I did my first burn test using the Premier 700 series using the 730 and the 735 with the Ecosoya 135 in a 2.70 diameter container. Well the interesting thing is the 730 is burning hotter with a larger flame and more of the diameter than the 735. So it looks like it doesn't mean that the higher number is the larger wick. I will burn these again later today and see what happens. I will keep you all posted.

Happy Holidays!

Hi there,

I thought this was going to be the miracle wick but for me it isn't. I am sticking with the CD's and CDN's. I guess I could further test but with the two tests that I did one of them mushroomed quite a bit and the other one barely burned. I don't have time to go through these wicks and for me it still seems that the CD family works best in Ecosoya 135.

Do you think the sizing was wrong? Are you using a high FO percentage? Just curious...

There's a lot to be said for sticking with a product that works for you rather than chasing windmills. Settling on a wick and wax IMHO are the most important steps toward getting a candle system working for you. Jumping all around may give one an impression of other products, but covering all the variables between waxes and wicks will keep one testing for a long, long time. Thanks for getting back to us with your findings. :-)

Do you think the sizing was wrong? Are you using a high FO percentage? Just curious...

There's a lot to be said for sticking with a product that works for you rather than chasing windmills. Settling on a wick and wax IMHO are the most important steps toward getting a candle system working for you. Jumping all around may give one an impression of other products, but covering all the variables between waxes and wicks will keep one testing for a long, long time. Thanks for getting back to us with your findings. :-)

No I didn't use much fragrance only 4 grams per 4 ounce cup. I probably could wick up to see if that would make a difference when I'm not so burnt out (no pun intended) the next set up would be the 740 and 745 but am afraid that it might produce a giant flame but who knows it just might not? I have to play around later after Christmas but for now I'm sticking to my oldies but goodies.

No I didn't use much fragrance only 4 grams per 4 ounce cup. I probably could wick up to see if that would make a difference when I'm not so burnt out (no pun intended) the next set up would be the 740 and 745 but am afraid that it might produce a giant flame but who knows it just might not? I have to play around later after Christmas but for now I'm sticking to my oldies but goodies.

I have to mention one very positive about these Premier 700 wicks. The flame is very steady there is no flickering or dancing.

I agree...I use CDNs in C3, but the Premier 700 series would be my 2nd choice. They have a nice steady flame, even burn, wick doesnt curl and when you find the right size, theres no sooting.

Did you find the Premier wicks to have more mushrooms then the CDN's?

If my container was wicked correctly, I had virtually no mushroom or sooting with the Premier and I love how evenly they burn down the wax. However, the CDNs won out for me because they burn really clean...The Premiers would definetly be my 2nd choice tho for C3 hthf