Crocheted Ladder Yarn Pendants and Vintage Button Rings

GailC

Someone asked me to post a picture of the necklaces I make. These have been very popular. They're lightweight and just slip over your head. The pictures don't really do them justice, because ladder yarn is just gorgeous. Here are just a few of the scads I've made.

post-11206-139458489989_thumb.jpg

post-11206-13945848997_thumb.jpg

post-11206-139458489982_thumb.jpg

post-11206-139458489984_thumb.jpg

Edited by GailC

From the picts you look like you have been very busy. I like the necklaces best. I always wondered what ladder yarn was used for...and this is a good example. Very nice. Maybe next Christmas I'll do them for my granddaughters! Your granddaughter is lovely. Do you buy the pendants or recycle form other necklaces? Fun work. Beth

Thanks for the compliments, ladies.

I crochet a chain with the ladder yarn. easy peasy. Usually, I crochet two chains, unless the pendant is small. Ladder yarn looks nothing like yarn. But that's what it is called.

I have bought a few pendants from Hobby Lobby, when they're half price, I've made a few out of buttons, but the vast majority I buy off ebay. Some of the same stuff the craft stores sell, but a much cheaper price. That's how I am able to sell the pendants so cheaply.

Beth, I have recycled a few pendants, making them from old vintage earrings, or necklaces with broken chains, etc. The brown one below is a button, believe it or not, and the blue one was an earring I got from my Mom's large stash of stuff. (I glued the bail to the button to make a pendant. I learned that new word, bail, when I started all this. I'm learning even more new words now that I've ventured into a little soap making, like Saponification. :smiley2:)

post-11206-139458490041_thumb.jpg

post-11206-139458490029_thumb.jpg

Edited by GailC