College Soaps

AnnieD

I've been trying to get the color right on the embeds for these OU Boomer Sooner soaps and finally got it with NG's Tomato Red and one drop of their Black Oxide. I am so pleased with the way they turned out.

Note: I have a friend who works for the NCAA and she suggested NOT selling these as the insignia is licensed. I did purchase the ice cube molds that I used to make the embeds, but I suppose I can't use them in products for sale. I'll be giving them as gifts.

post-13801-139458489841_thumb.jpg

I love those! Definitely do not sell them. A lady around here did candles with NASCAR and collegiate football logos. All licensed images, of course. And got her rear end handed to her for it. Albeit she had been warned and didn't listen.

What I've done is the team colors then give it a name that alludes to the team (Crimson Pride, Tiger Tail, For the Dawgs etc). NASCAR soaps were done in colors that mimicked the drivers car and the name of the soap was the drivers number. No mention of NASCAR or NCAA or SEC is ever made. The customer can infer that themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note: I was at an antique mall this weekend and a vendor had some craft items for sale. She used the same logo as I used in my soaps. I noticed hers had a sticker that said they were officially licensed or used by permission....something to that effect. So I suppose there is a way to use them legitimately. I'll check with my friend from NCAA.