Scentsy

I have looked on their website and recently read their packaging at a craft fair I was at, but what are their tarts/melts made out of?? It looks like paraffin to me. I was just curious what kind of wax they use for their melts. Thanks in advance if anyone has the answer :)

All I know is that they use a low melt paraffin wax, but I don't know which exact paraffin they use. Believe me, it's the advertising that gives them sales; their tarts do not last very long. They do have very nice warmers though, but expensive!

They claim they are "food grade paraffin" with a 15-18% fragrance load.

Now that is REALLY funny considering their melts that I have smelled so far have NO hot throw unless you sniff directly over the dish...and then you might get a faint smell. I've been "reporting" all along about the warmer and melts my X DIL's business partner bought to help a friend get started selling Shitsy. Was just in the hair salon on Wednesday and couldn't smell a thing. Was talking to X DIL in the back of the shop where they have the warmer plugged in...couldn't smell it. If I didn't see the lightbulb glowing I wouldn't know it is turned on.

I had one of my tarts melting yesterday...had the family here for Thanksgiving dinner. It was Winter Woods from CW and I use 10% in my parasoy tarts. You could smell it all over the downstairs and upstairs too. In fact when my daughter and her kids came she said she smelled it in the garage before she opened the back door to come in.

It must have been an old tart, they claim each cube lasts 10 hours. When I tested them I got good throw (in a candlewarmers.com warmer) but it only lasted around 5 hours. After that it smelled like burnt paraffin.

• 3 months later...
Just seen a post on a friends wall from Facebook that sells Scentsy products, that they are fixing to start marketing body washes, and lotions. Just thought it would interest so of you to know this.

Well....... I guess if they couldn't beat us, they decided to join us ??? LOL sad