Big Oops

Beth

So, on my 2nd batch of m/p....... after I had it all stirred & everything added & ready to pour, it hardened up. I finally figured out that I completely forgot to cover it when melting. :angry2: So, can my lumpy, hard bowl of soap be salvaged? lol

& can I just say that candlemaking for me is sooooooooo not messy compared to soap.. :smiley2:

Yep - it can be messier, no doubt. But ya can't get very clean with a candle, soooo..... LOLOL You should see some of the soap messes I have made...*faint* At least they are easy to clean up :laugh2:

Until you get a rhythm going and some experience and confidence under your belt, stuff DOES happen. Soap is nearly always salvageable. Good luck & have fun!! :smiley2:

Yep sure is messy. I make big messes when using my melt and pour. But as Stella said it's so easy to clean up! Just peels right out of the cups and washes up so easy. I was making some soaps last week ( now I'm pretty new to this ) and I actually got side tracked while microwaving my soap base and it burnt!!!

Yep...it even turned brown. Was so yuk I just threw it away. Theres was no saving that mess.

But in your case you should definitely be able to just pop in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir and microwave another 30 sec or so if needed. I have found that heating 30 seconds and stirring-heating 30 seconds and stirring really helps to keep it liquid form much longer and gives you more time do what you need before it hardens. But always keep materials on hand.

I'm no expert by any means.....I'm just telling you this from my experiences :) HTH!!

I cover my m&p with Saran wrap. Do the 1st melt for 45 seconds then 10-30 second bursts after that until melted. If you take too much time with colorants or additives the base will start to harden back up. Just pop it back in the microwave for short burst until it re melts.