Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Soap

Francis

I want to thank everyone on this forum for sharing their knowledge and giving me such awesome inspiration! I am completely new at this, but I could tell that I found my lifetime hobby! I placed an order at Peak's, and I'll be getting my supplies this Friday. So exciting!!! I am going to start learning M&P first.

Anyway, Erno Laszlo sea mud soap is my hubby's favorite face soap. He really is not fussy about stuff like this at all, but due to his mild acne problem, he really likes this $40 soap. I could see why because I like it, too inspite of the price tag. I am a total novice at soap making, but I want to be able to replicate this soap and maybe even make it better. Here is the ingredient list for this soap. Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water (Aqua), Silt, Charcoal Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycerin, Iron Oxides, Sodium Chloride, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Titanium Dioxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Oakmoss, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate

Initially, I am just going to add FO and color first. After I get comfortable with that, I'll start experimenting with other stuff. It'll be a long road before I try replicating this sea mud soap, but I am itching to get some ideas. Any geniuses out there know to make a soap like this with M&P? TIA!

Welcome to the forum and your new addiction!

There are soap suppliers that carry a variety of things like clay, pumice, charcoal, etc. to use in your M&P.

First things first, try out your new base and get used to it without the additives first. Then when you start adding things to it you will know right off what works and what doesn't.

There is also a M&P recipe thread you can browse for ideas. There is also a link in the recipe thread to one of the archive threads with even more recipes. I do believe there is an old recipe in the archives for charcoal soap.

Thank you Candybee, I found the old recipe! Yes, it's probably a very good idea to use the MP base as is prior to fiddling with it. But I can't wait to start experimenting. Here's an additive that I bet nobody tried; I am thinking of adding infant formula to an MP base just to what happens. Crazy idea, huh? I'll try it and I'll post the results.