soy wax in the laundry?

I know my title sounds crazy, but I have a question for all you experienced chandlers. I use old dish towels to set my pour pot on and they get a few drips of wax on them. Is it harmful to the washer to wash these? I use 100% soy. Wondering if the wax could clog the lines or do you think the detergent breaks it down enough?

Glad I read this thread. I have a few tops that I've spilled wax onto (before I learned to work with candles in "work clothes") so I've just put them to the side until I figure out how to remove the wax before washing. Now I'll try these methods and save my tops. Thanks guys.

I wash my Work clothes separately from all our other stuff in the machine. No problems.

But I do get off as much wax as possible before putting them in.

Like the freezer idea, but I could only imagine my kids finding my pants and shirt in the freezer when they go into it to get a snack!!

Like the freezer idea, but I could only imagine my kids finding my pants and shirt in the freezer when they go into it to get a snack!!

That would be good - my DH already groans when he opens the fridge to find candles, clothes in the freezer may send him over the top! :laugh2: