Hurricane Question

I see that no one offered you any suggestions.....I use to use a lower mp wax when I first started......it is ok.....but only do them in candles that are 5" or 6" in diameter. The wax does get hot from a tea light. You can add high mp micro and that helps a great deal. It really IMO improves the structure of waxes. Also clear crystals....they don't make the wax opaque. If you have to use your wax....be sure to put some fill wax in the bottom. The tea light will sit higher in the candle and have more air circulation making it cooler. Of course you will loose some of the pretty glow through effect.....but if you use translucent wax and plastic tea light cups, it will still look nice. As soon as I found 5055 and mixed it with micro 180....all of my hurricane problems were solved. Only problem is I still have to make them....they don't do it by themselves....LOL Donita

I see that no one offered you any suggestions.....I use to use a lower mp wax when I first started......it is ok.....but only do them in candles that are 5" or 6" in diameter. The wax does get hot from a tea light. You can add high mp micro and that helps a great deal. It really IMO improves the structure of waxes. Also clear crystals....they don't make the wax opaque. If you have to use your wax....be sure to put some fill wax in the bottom. The tea light will sit higher in the candle and have more air circulation making it cooler. Of course you will loose some of the pretty glow through effect.....but if you use translucent wax and plastic tea light cups, it will still look nice. As soon as I found 5055 and mixed it with micro 180....all of my hurricane problems were solved. Only problem is I still have to make them....they don't do it by themselves....LOL Donita
Thank you Donita, I'd just about giving up on getting an answer on this one. I think to be safe and not sorry, I'll do a 5 - 6" diameter and add a small amount of micro as well and see how I go. Happy holidays to you and your family, Jo