Help Hard Bath Salts!!

biloxireb

Every basic recipe I find online included, Epsom, EO, Baking Soda, and coloring, but my batches are hard as a rock the next day! What am I doing wrong? I have a show next weekend so I can't order anything online. Should I not use the baking soda? Also, I live in the South so is it possible that the humidity is causing this (and it's very low right now)?

I should also note that I am trying to keep it all natural.

I appreciate any help you can give!

Thanks,

Tina

Edited by biloxireb

Georgia girl here, and yes, humidity is more than likely your culprit. I used to try and make the sink freshener things (not sure if you're even familiar) but they called for baking soda --- the next day I had weapons of mass destruction on my hands ;-)

When I made bath salts, I started with this recipe from Bitter Creek: http://cart.candlesupply.com/pages.php?pageid=28 ...and no problems with humidity :)

Thanks for your ideas! I cut back on the amount of baking soda. We were adding 4 cups salt to 1 cup baking soda. Went to 2 tablespoons. The baking soda is a good water softner! Also determined that blending the salts with a hand mixer is not as helpful as one might think! It broke the salts down till they were mush! Got my first show this weekend! Wish me luck!

Thanks,

Tina

I haven't done these in a couple years. Planned to do them this season an then....oh well next season. I think mine had dendritic salt in them that kept it flowing. Am preparing for a big show so can't dig around now but have a lot of info and will try earnestly to look for it after this coming weekend.