BCN Bases - any input?

lauramw71

I need to replace my shower gel. Right now I have Ritzy Gel from NG, but I'm not happy with it. I really loved WSP's Crystal Clear one, but I can only order from them when I need alot of stuff to justify the prices. I was looking at BCN's Aloe one. Has anyone tried this? Does it suds good and not dry your skin out?

I was also thinking of getting their hand sanitizer. Does it accept smell or does the alcohol smell overpower any FI you use?

Thanks for the input!!

:)

Laura

I'm not sure about the shower gel, but the hand sanitizer- I love.

The alcohol smell is strong at first , but after you rub the hand sanitizer in, your hands smell so good-no alcohol smell, and it leaves my hands feeling silky and smooth not sticky.

I have to agree with Sue. The scents I tested the BC aloe base with made it a bit on the runny side. Still worked great but wasn't as thick as I would like. I ended up with he EBC paraben free shower gel base instead and am very happy with it.

Their hand sanitizer is a different story....LOVE it. I sell tons of it. Everyone comments on how it doesn't leave that sticky/drying feeling like commercial sanitizers do.

The BC lotion base is great too. I add the extra 1% of oil and it takes it to a whole new level. It's great as is but AWESOME with the extra oil too.

I do not like the BCN shower gel at all after fragrance is added. It is much too thin in my opinion. I need a lot of crothix to thicken it, which makes it feel slimy. I have never used the hand sanitizer base. BCN had the best shower gel base years ago. It was suspension base and BCN discontinued it. I used the suspension base as a regular shower gel and it was just fantastic. I was so sorry to see it go...

Thanks for all of the input! I have xanthan gum that I use now, but man it's a pita. LOL I've tried EBC's base and really liked it. It didn't get watery thin after adding FO to it. I want to replace my hemp lotion base also since it's so high. Maybe I'll try BCN's too. I was hoping to get the bases at one place, but we all know how well that works out. LOL