Melt and Pour from Soap Making Resource

Oceangazer1

Anyone try their bases. I need to order but I'm afraid to order 10lb minimums if they are not good bases. The ingredients lists look good. Can anyone recommend or not?

Or advise on good bases? I bought from wsp but their prices are too high and also C&S Loved their bases, but again too high.

Thanks a bunch!!

Anyone try their bases. I need to order but I'm afraid to order 10lb minimums if they are not good bases. The ingredients lists look good. Can anyone recommend or not?

Or advise on good bases? I bought from wsp but their prices are too high and also C&S Loved their bases, but again too high.

Thanks a bunch!!

Forgot the link! Sorry....

http://www.soap-making-resource.com/soap-base.html#clearsoapbase

I looked at the ingredients and it looks like SFIC to me! That is one of the best bases out there in my opinion. It is easy to work with and makes a great bar of soap. I personally find it drying to my skin so I HAVE to add things like shea butter, olive oil, etc... to make it more moisturizing. But the wonderful thing about SFIC is that it takes additives really well. You can't go wrong with the SFIC bases!

I just wanted to say that I usually get my SFIC soap bases from Peaks. They sell the clear glycerin base for $26.50 for 10 lbs. Maybe you should check them out and their shipping prices as well. Another good place to check out is Soapies Soap Supplies. They sometimes offer pre-buys or cut-ups at a discounted price. Good luck and hope this helped a bit!

That is a little difficult to say... depends on what you may be adding and what exactly you expect to get out of adding that particular ingredient. For instance- if I want my soap to be more moisturizing I would add some shea butter and maybe some sweet almond oil totaling about 1/2 oz pp of soap base. So we are looking at 1/2 oz fragrance oil plus 1/2 oz oil (and, or) butter per pound of soap base. You really have to play around with it and then test your bars to see if you like the results. Be sure to check out the long thread on melt and pour soaps where you will find many great tried and true recipes that board members have so graciously posted for us! You can start with one of them and then just tweek it to your own liking. The SFIC soap bases are very forgiving, if you added too much you can always melt it down again and add more soap base and re-mold. Oh, and since you were originally inquiring about the "clear" soap base , keep in mind that anything you add to that clear base will probably cause it to become cloudy. If you want to keep your clear base clear so that you can see embeds of colored chunks of soaps, etc... you should probably use the soap base without any additives. I hope this is making sense to you! I'm not always good at explaining things! Maybe someone more experienced will come along and give you some really great tips!:smiley2:

• 2 weeks later...