soy T-lights

Earlier in the spring I was contacted by a non-profit org. that they would like 500 T-lights. On here most of you said if I could put my label on to just do it as a donation. I had to put a business card and one t-light in a small bag for them to hand out at a convention. Never did get any orders from it all. They are writing back and wanting maybe 150, 300 or 500 t-lights and how much will I charge to do it again. I do not want to donate again so I want to give them a price. the price would be for the plastic cup, wax, dye, frag, warning label one each t-light, small ziplock bag to put them in. Any ideas?

What are your costs? You could charge them your time and cost of supplies. Or you could charge them a little bit over that. It's really up to you. Do you want them requesting this again? Then charge cost. If you don't...charge enough to let them know that they are definately not a freebee and this is your business.

You could put a coupon in the ziploc bag to encourage them to order. Something where they must buy to get an item for free/half price, etc.

If you did not net a single order from 500 freebies, you need to at least recover your material cost. If you can write off the donation on taxes, that helps, but put a price on it and get them to give you a receipt for the donation. Unless they are a bona-fide non-profit according to the IRS, the donation can't be written off. You'll have to write it off as advertising and promotion. A coupon on the back of your business card might encourage some sales...