Adding FO

Hello All! Quick question. I have never used PCS FO before but received a sample (love it) with some supplies that I ordered from PCS. The sample FO is cinnamon bun and on the side of the bottle it says "add just before pouring" Is this what they say for all of their FOs or just this one. I've always added my FO at 185, when I remove from heat.

Anyone know? Thanks....

Susan

Not familiar with PCS. Who is that supplier?

I think the OP is referring to Peak's. I use their FOs and add at 185. In fact, I too received a sample of Cinnamon Buns and added it to 4630, it was wonderful. I then ordered a bunch more of it, good marketing. However, no one here like the Concord Grape sample I got a while back.

Thanks, yes I was referring to Peak's but I'm new to the forum and used the abbreviation in the

Hints For Newbies" :)

I will be ordering more myself, love it and I am with you on the Concord Grape! But, wonder why they say that on the bottle "add just before pouring" Have you ever done that? I don't pour until 140-150

Thanks, yes I was referring to Peak's but I'm new to the forum and used the abbreviation in the

Hints For Newbies" :)

I will be ordering more myself, love it and I am with you on the Concord Grape! But, wonder why they say that on the bottle "add just before pouring" Have you ever done that? I don't pour until 140-150

It's great that you are looking at the newbie stuff. I'm guessing that the "add just before pouring" is a generic procedure to make sure that one doesn't added it too soon and cook it. I have done a 140 degree add with 464 and found that my 180 add was just a little better. Since I pour 464 at 160 I decided that 180 was better for me. But that is a soy wax and for a paraffin, 140 would be too cool. I don't remember what wax you are using.

I am using GB 464 as well. I love the wax but have been testing different pour temps. What do you mean when you say "that is a soy wax and for a paraffin" ? Right now I am testing pours temps as they relate to better hot throws and have come up with some interesting data. I was amazed at how different weighing the FO vs. liquid measure is !

Oh, I get it, daaaa, you are saying that IF pouring paraffin that 140 would be too cool. Got it. I do work only in soy, no experience with paraffin.

Edited by sisters3

I am using GB 464 as well. I love the wax but have been testing different pour temps. What do you mean when you say "that is a soy wax and for a paraffin" ? Right now I am testing pours temps as they relate to better hot throws and have come up with some interesting data. I was amazed at how different weighing the FO vs. liquid measure is !

Oh, I get it, daaaa, you are saying that IF pouring paraffin that 140 would be too cool. Got it. I do work only in soy, no experience with paraffin.

Yes, everything is done by weight and, yes, I was referring to the paraffin I use needing to be poured hotter than 140. Notice that there is a subject area for veggie waxes, posts related to those are best started there, this general area tends to collect more posts related to paraffin waxes and paraffin/soy blends. Also, once you can send private messages (PM), I be happy to chat about 464 there too.

Yes, everything is done by weight and, yes, I was referring to the paraffin I use needing to be poured hotter than 140. Notice that there is a subject area for veggie waxes, posts related to those are best started there, this general area tends to collect more posts related to paraffin waxes and paraffin/soy blends. Also, once you can send private messages (PM), I be happy to chat about 464 there too.

Thanks so much for the info and the direction to the area for veggie waxes. I can't send PMs yet but thanks for the offer of chatting about 464 too!