Lemon sugar w/poppy

moon01945

It is really pretty! I find poppy seeds to be super scratchy though :( I personally would probably market this as a kitchen soap for that reason. Plus lemon is awesome in the kitchen! mmmmm I love lemon in the shower in the morning too. Such an eye opener!

yeah i was thinking it was more of a hand/kitchen soap. But some people like the scratchy's. I don't like it every morning.

I also like lemon in the morning.. That and peppermint are nice eye openers.

Peppermint and Apple are awesome blended for morning. The fresh apple with the crisp cool of the mint! Wowsa! Night time showers...sandalwood vanilla. What a perfect wind down! Isn't it funny how other people can be happy with Dial? LOL

there was like a year that my kids demanded dial. I think they did it just to bother me.

I will never forgive them... lol

Confessions of a soapaholic! My boyfriend, whom I love dearly....WILL NOT use CP Soap! He thinks it's girly or something. I made him some in Ed Hardy...nope, wouldn't have it! So, I keep "my" soap at his house and he keeps "his" soap at my house. I don't know how I will ever handle BUYING Dial soap if we move in together. I try to believe it's just a phase for him. I doubt however that at 51 he is likely to change his ways. Men...can't live with them, can't live without them! ;)

I know.. I run into a lot of men that look, smell and really like the soaps but then walk away cause they "always used dial" or whatever type of soap they have been buying for 20 years.

I soaped up austrailan bamboo and I think that is a really nice "guy" smell. I also made sure I didn't decorate it too "girly". Men would sniff really like it then keep moving. I broke down and cut some bars into smaller pieces for them to try. I got a few guys to buy some after that.

But really ... MEN!

The kids really killed me. They are little wise guys.. the did it just to bug me... lol

Beautiful soap! Great combo:-)

I have very oily skin and as much as I like the idea of using CP soap, and do have a few bars I have bought and do use them occasionally, I have oily skin and I do use dial because it doesnt add the oiliness. It is a little drying which I don't mind. If anyone can come up with and "oil free" soap then I'll be a customer for life. Lol! :-)

I have very oily skin and as much as I like the idea of using CP soap, and do have a few bars I have bought and do use them occasionally, I have oily skin and I do use dial because it doesnt add the oiliness. It is a little drying which I don't mind. If anyone can come up with and "oil free" soap then I'll be a customer for life. Lol! :-)

I bet you need a "cleansing" based soap with very little moisturing oils. Most people are looking for the high moisturizers so that is what is made.

Nope can't do it BUT...I also have VERY oily skin. To the point that I have never actually NEEDED lotion. Putting lotion on is a acne wish for me! I find that most CP soaps work excellent on my skin. You can't judge anything without using them for weeks straight. My skin is better since I made the switch years back. :) I was on RetinA and antibiotics through my teens and twenties and gave up. Acne came back. Started using CP in my mid 20's and voila, clear skin! My CP is very basic...I did all the exotic oils and butters and have come back to this time and again!

24 Oz Olive

12 oz Coconut

12 oz Palm

That's it. Good lather, good moisture without being too much or too little of anything. Tea tree oil and various clays also help with acne prone skin. For what it's worth, I think you should give making a batch a try. Add some tea tree and see what happens. I think you'll hook yourself. :)