Barcodes

NaturallyTru

I would like to know more about barcodes, scanners, printers.

I see scanners ranging from thousands of dollars to $20 on ebay. What is the difference between these?

What are your opinions on Avery barcode maker or other free ones?

Can I use my own printer?

Is there such thing as a cheap barcode printer?

I want to be able to count my inventory at stores using the scanner.

I also need a way for the store to keep track of the sales and tell me which items are low when I call in...this is a huge issue for fall/holidays. The stores are 1 1/2 hr away and I do not know what to bring them for stock each month. They aren't willing to count inventory for me each month.

Any thoughts, experience, ideas...I would be grateful for any info. I would like to get something in place for 2012..along with some sort of inventory software (which is another story...lol).

You buy the barcodes, (I will look up the website for you when I get a chance) I bought mine from a coop done here. Once you get the barcode you assign them to a product. They store you wholesale at scans them and they can tell you what you need to replenish (as long as they have scanners). They (the wholesale customer) puts the number attached to the product into their data base so their scanner reads it. Each scent will need it's own barcode. I print them from my computer on labels and put them on the bottom of the box. Some incorporate them to there ingredient label. You can adjust the size to meet your needs as long as it can be picked up by the scanner. I do not have a scanner but I think you have to have a cash register to attach the scanner unless you find one compatible with you computer. I hope that helps to explain it a little.