Fragrantica web site

jonsie

Sorry, I didn't realize I shouldn't have posted this. Is it because it is selling something?

But why I like it... I have had a hard time identifying the notes in perfumes, and I had wanted to make candles with more perfume-y scents. This helps me to recognize the notes in the perfumes I am familiar with. To me it seems like a wonderful database of components to the different fragrances out there.

Well I couldn't understand the promotion of perfumes ya know. I did not see how it would have been informative. I was thinking maybe someone hijacked your acct.
Well, the website is pretty tacky looking. I guess they make their money from the ads and google links.
Did you see under notes *Animal Sources, the perfume that has GOAT HAIR notes! :shocked2:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Whoa!!! Maybe this site isn't as credible as I assumed, lol!

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, I've been to that site many, many, many times for references on the fragrance notes in perfumes! Those people have amazing sniffers.... They write descriptions that blow my mind. I'm more along the line of "like it; hate it". And they don't sell anything there; it's all reviews and some ads. It is very interesting, though, to learn what notes are in which scent. I can see how it correlates here.. candles do smell ;)