I don't know about you, but I've had it with zinc wicks

Asher

I've never used anything but zinc wicks for votives, but last night I finally realized how much I hate them. Someone once told me that zinc was the best way to go for votives, but after seeing the long, spindly flames and ugly clumps of black goo for months now I'm ready to try something new.

A highly-esteemed member of this board has recommended CD wicks, so I will try some of those. I'm just looking for a nice, controlled flame without the need to trim every hour!

I have a few dozen 34-40 SP zinc wicks if anyone wants them ;)

So, what is the best way for me to test these out without buying a pack of 100 of each kind (for fear I'd be stuck with a few hundred I couldn't use)? It looks like CD-4, CD-5 and CD-6 would be the most appropriate sizes for votives. I could order a CD Sampler set from Lone Star, but they include 5 of EVERY kind of CD wick (most of which I wouldn't need).

If I do have to get 100 each of the 4, 5 and 6, then I may be giving away the ones I can't use. Stay tuned ;)

You know...it would be cheaper just to get a sample pack (which has around 100 wicks total) and test them out, instead of getting 300. Duh! Sorry, my mind is on the holiday already ;)

I use 1343 and like LX-12. Thanks to another member on here.(she will know who she is):D

Hey is that me by any chance? I love LX for containers and votives, have tested LX10's to LX30's. They will get a mushroom after a few hours, but nothing like zinc. Still like flat braid in my pillars.

e