Presto Kettle

Oceangazer1

I would think it would depend on what it is made of. If it is aluminum it wouldn't work. The aluminum reacts with the lye. If I remember right most Presto ware were aluminum.

Any stainless steel or enameled pot would work for CP, and HP could be cooked in the oven. I make CP and haven't messed around much with HP. I use a stainless steel pot.

I would think it would depend on what it is made of. If it is aluminum it wouldn't work. The aluminum reacts with the lye. If I remember right most Presto ware were aluminum.

Any stainless steel or enameled pot would work for CP, and HP could be cooked in the oven. I make CP and haven't messed around much with HP. I use a stainless steel pot.

Thank you for the reply! It has a non-stick coating. So maybe it wouldn't work? If not, then it will be just for wax. :)

Non-stick is a no no with cp and hp. The NaOH will react with the coating. Any stainless steal pot or PP plastic. If you decide on PP, make sure it will withstand the temperature. They are not all the same. Some can only withstand 150F or so, others are safe up to 260F, and still others can be put in an autoclave or microwave.

Non-stick is a no no with cp and hp. The NaOH will react with the coating. Any stainless steal pot or PP plastic. If you decide on PP, make sure it will withstand the temperature. They are not all the same. Some can only withstand 150F or so, others are safe up to 260F, and still others can be put in an autoclave or microwave.

Thank you! I will just stick with a SS pot or a crock pot!!