Where to find carrier oils near Florida (good prices?)

Oceangazer1

Besides with grocery stores and health food stores, where can I find the best prices on oils and butters online if I can't find them in the store. NG has a lot of supplies that I use from them and their shipping is so reasonable. Any other suppliers near the south east you can recommend. Also, I need another wooden mold...sold the other.

Im getting back into hp soaping and going to also try cp again!! Do any of you have a trusted seller on ebay for soaping items? Thank you!!!:yay:

I got my soap mold on ebay from MrDoRight. It's acrylic not wood so that may not help you much. As for carrier oils, I get most of mine from Soaper's Choice in Chicago and I'm always happy with them. I don't remember off the top of my head where WSP is but they do a lot of carrier oils. There's a supplier database you can check into that's separated by state. I think it's up in the General Candle Forum but it'll show soap suppliers too.

Camden Grey is in the Miami area and has great prices on Carrier Oils and other items. They also offer them in smaller sizes so you can try something out first. I think shipping rates are very reasonable, I'm in the Georgia area. Plus, they offer a flat rate if your shipment is less than 4lbs. I have found all their supplies to be of good quality.

http://www.camdengrey.com/

Another supplier I've looked at in Florida is Le Melange. I think they are also in South Florida. I have not placed an order with them so I don't know about their supplies. But, they do have a variety.

http://www.lemelange.com/index.html

hth - J

Tracey, Soaper's Choice is a very good supplier and the prices are excellent. My only issue with them at the moment is the quantity of product that you have to buy. I've just started selling this year so I wouldn't use all the supplies before they expired. Every so often someone does a co-op from there and I will get in on that.

Edited by ProudMarineMom

Thank-you!

Tracey, Soaper's Choice is a very good supplier and the prices are excellent. My only issue with them at the moment is the quantity of product that you have to buy. I've just started selling this year so I wouldn't use all the supplies before they expired. Every so often someone does a co-op from there and I will get in on that.

• 2 weeks later...

That is is bad news! I was checking on shipping for candle jars to FL. & the price is unbelievable. Are you near enough to them to drive & pick-up?

Placed an order with CG and won't be again. This was last week...still hasn't shipped and the cost was over 20.00 for shipping and tax for a 60.00 order. :(

Do you mean carrier oils, such as the ones used to dilute essential oils or do you mean soapmaking oils, such as the ones used in soap, lotions, etc.?

Here's a Florida soap supplier... They're on vacation right now, but check back with them later... http://www.fssoapworks.com/

Another Florida supplier: http://www.pvsoap.com/shop_now.htm

Carrier oils can generally be found at any soapmaking or fragrance supplier - many candlemaking suppliers (who also carry B&B stuff) also have them.

Supplier links can be found from the General Candlemaking forum, Helpful Links for Newbies http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?5492-Supplier-Abbreviations-and-Links and the SUpplier by State link http://www.craftserver.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-General-Candle-Making-Discussions

Poke around the different forums and check the top for stickys - permanent info can be found there. Fragrance suppliers... http://www.craftserver.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?28-Fragrance-Discussion HTH

Shipping is a concern for many of us, but sometimes it simply can't be helped. Certain suppliers have better shipping rates than do others. HTH

Thanks Stella, I'll take a look around. Yes, soap oils. I'm starting a spreadsheet (self-taught so not so good) & comparing all the suppliers oils & such that I can find. The shipping is definately different with a lot of the companies. The different prices on the oils is vast also. I'm wondering if it's the quality that makes such a difference?

OceanGazer I don't know if they carry jars, I was changing thoughts mid sentence I'm sure. I was figuring out if the status jars from Dollar Tree were the best buy since I can pick-up. They are! The lids are .48 from www.glasssupplydepot.com & shipping to St. Pete. is only $35

15+ in shipping
ROTFLMAO - you should order 50# of wax and check out the shipping on THAT...*faint*

Soaper's Choice has EXCELLENT shipping prices. Because they are not in-state, there is no sales tax charged.

CandleScience always had pretty decent shippng prices even though they are located farther from me than some other suppliers.

Ocean, I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with Camden Grey. It does mention on their website that it's a minimum of 3 days before an order will ship. I forgot to mention that and I forgot you would have to pay state tax. Sorry about that. The price you quoted for shipping is about what I pay to ship to Georgia. Guess they don't give much of a discount based on proximity. The do have excellent products and I have found that with their prices I save money even if another supplier has cheaper shipping. You could look at The Chemistry Store (SC), Ingredients to Die For (TX) which ships the same day if ordered by a certain time, Texas Natural Supply or The Personal Formulator. But, I think shipping is about the same and they generally have higher prices.

Btw, anybody know what happened to Oils By Nature? They have been evaluating their business model for a while.

Anyway, if you can use the larger quantities of oil and butters, it sounds like Soapers Choice may be the way to go. They are an excellent supplier.

If you are looking for jars, CS as Stella suggested, and Aztec International (TN) have the best shipping rates for me.

I got my order today. 10lbs of butters, oils and some mica. 15+ in shipping. :( Plus tax. Yikes.

That's actually not a bad price for 10 lbs of butters and whatever else you got. Sounds like it came via USPS flat rate box maybe. I was wondering why you don't like CG. I've always gotten my stuff in reasonable fashion. I do like their prices and they are shipping to the center of the world so to speak.

ROTFLMAO - you should order 50# of wax and check out the shipping on THAT...*faint*

Soaper's Choice has EXCELLENT shipping prices. Because they are not in-state, there is no sales tax charged.

CandleScience always had pretty decent shippng prices even though they are located farther from me than some other suppliers.

I know...I was a candlemaker for 10 yrs. lol. I know all about shipping for wax. I just ordered from CS because I'm just starting back into it after relocating to Fl. They aren't bad at all. :)

Love the wax, oils and Fast shipping.

I've had a huge change of heart with CG. The packaging was Perfect, double bagged everything and then some...plus I made the dreamy sugar scrub last night and all of the butters and oils felt sooo good. When I was done with my recipe I rubbed my bod practically from head to toe! LOL!! Thanks everyone! I might try Soaper's Choice also someday. :)

Thanks Stella, I'll take a look around. Yes, soap oils. I'm starting a spreadsheet (self-taught so not so good) & comparing all the suppliers oils & such that I can find. The shipping is definately different with a lot of the companies. The different prices on the oils is vast also. I'm wondering if it's the quality that makes such a difference?

OceanGazer I don't know if they carry jars, I was changing thoughts mid sentence I'm sure. I was figuring out if the status jars from Dollar Tree were the best buy since I can pick-up. They are! The lids are .48 from www.glasssupplydepot.com & shipping to St. Pete. is only $35

Did you get your mold from ebay yet? If so, how do you like it?? :)

i do like it. Its a little rough needs more sanding but looks perfect. I still have to order the oils & stuff. Its worth the money.

I haven't ordered one yet, as I'm still hoping to find the log mold I had. lol. I have to go through a couple of more boxes in the attic. I'm dying to soap, so I may just use a shoe box but I don't know how to calculate the amount I would need. I don't want to make a huge batch because I'm afraid I will mess it up. lol

You could take a look at TKB Trading, others use celestial colors, I use a mix of TKB's micas, ultramarines, oxides and Select Shades, but I can't tell you where to get SS. (I haven't looked.) I guess because I thought I read whoever was carrying them were slack in sending orders out and then I think someone said they weren't on the site any more. I never checked it out as I'm looking at using them up and going elsewhere.