Needing printing clear gloss inkjet labels help

KoalaGirl

Hi everyone, I have a problem!

I have an oldish Canon Pixma ip3000 printer which I love since its never given me a minutes grief. I had windows xp and to print my clear gloss labels, I just choose ''transparancy'' in the select paper type box.

Fast forward one week: I bought a new computer, it has windows 7. I hooked up my trusty old printer and selected the model and windows recognised and installed it. HOWEVER....it no longer has the ''transparancy'' option in the select paper type menu!

It has plain paper, Photo paper pro, matte photo paper, glossy photo paper, high resolution paper, tshirt transfer and ''other photo paper''.

I did try printing using the glossy photo paper {at least I think thats what I picked} and it did print ok but stayed wet for quite a while. My 'transparancy' setting used to dry in seconds.

Can anyone suggest which of he above paper setting I should use for clear labels.

OR can any printer guru tell me if this would work> uninstall the printer and then re-install the printer using the install disc that came with it. I know it probably wouldnt have the drivers on the disc for windows 7 since its old but I could download them. Do you think this would restore my 'transparancy' setting?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I have a Canon Pixma and Win 7. I didn't even know there were different paper selections...lol. I just went in and checked which I use and it is just the Plain Paper. I print my labels on clear gloss labels and they are dry immediately. I usually am printing several labels but different scents per sheet and can just pop it back in the printer as soon as it comes out. My labels come from onlinelabels.com. hth

Many times the drivers built into the operating system are more "generic" than from the manufacturer of the equipment. I would suggest to get the latest drivers from the manufacturer's web site. I have found in my 30 year computer career that many times the drivers in the box for many things are already out of date before you open the box. As a rule whether for home or work, I automatically go see if there is a newer driver available.

Hey Koala,

Long time no see :)

We print both Kraft, Matte and Clear labels now, and all are just printed using the plain paper setting with no problems so far. Used to have the IP3000, but it finally died. Went to a Samsung laser, which is an awesome printer if you do not want to print labels....LOL, and now have a canon MP560 which also does an awesome job when printing.