Newbie needs lotion help

EricofAZ

Hope I'm in the right place. Venturing into a skin lotion. All oils and butters. Tamanu, Shea, Almond, etc. Some skin safe FO. No water or emulsifier. Some beeswax, but very little. I think I have the right consistency to be creamy at room temp.

It is for anti-chafing for athletes. Been testing it on myself and I like what it does so far.

Anything I should be researching? Common allergies, preservatives, sterilization, incompatible ingredients? Warning labels, consumer requirements for disclosure labels?

Ok, that's too much to ask and I'm glad to search. It is just soooo not candles that I'm totally out of my element.

If you haven't seen it before, check out Susan Nichols blog

http://www.swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/

She has a wealth of information on that site, it does take some looking but it's there. She has a lot of things in topics on the right side. There are also free PDF's for download and several she offers with donation. I have her Lotion Making 101 and Anhydrous Products books and they are wonderful.

Also, the Indie Beauty Network has a link at the top called Regulatory Resources. It provides information about safe costmetic practices, labeling, etc. I'm trying to find the rest of my documentation. My harddrive bit the bullet not too long ago and I lost a lot of stuff that I kept electronically. Including my candle making notes. And yup, I'm an idiot, I didn't keep a backup or put it on my external drive. And, I know better....

If you haven't seen it before, check out Susan Nichols blog

http://www.swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/

She has a wealth of information on that site, it does take some looking but it's there. She has a lot of things in topics on the right side. There are also free PDF's for download and several she offers with donation. I have her Lotion Making 101 and Anhydrous Products books and they are wonderful.

Agreed - this is the place to go.