Clear Crystals?

Has anyone used these? I'm getting my hurricanes down well, but would like the wax to be more translucent so things don't have to be practically right against the edge. So far, I haven't found them at any of the regular suppliers I use either. Any suggestions? I don't find much by searching... tia

I have, don't care for them much. They have a much higher melt point, so I have to heat/melt them in a pan by themselves before adding to the wax. Biggest problem I have with the bag I've got is that once it hits the wax, it granulates again. Doesn't actually blend in. That could easily be though because I can't keep the temp up that high.

I have a bag of translucent crystals, which was the old name for them I think lol. What has always worked for me was melting them over heat separately, adding some of the wax once melted and making sure to blend it in before adding to rest of the wax. I guess I ended up dedicating a metal one cup to it. At first thought, I believe Candlewic offers them. Hobby Lobby used to. I don't recall seeing them there any more. Mine came from Pourette before Pourette folded.

Okay, thanks for the responses - doesn't sound like they would do what I would like. Bummer - guess I'll have to try a different wax - with mine if it's not practically right against the side you can't see it. Yesterday I tried some clear glass 'gems' and I couldn't get the wax out of the mold with them pressed right against the side. Hmmm - more experimenting! Thank you!

What wax are you using? Generally the wax will contract as it hardens and pull away at least a bit so it can slide out. Also, you sometimes have to wait a bit after you think it is cool and solid. You can also put them in the frig for a bit and that seems to contract the wax. I love hurricanes. Beth