Newbie!

Hi all,

I just wanted to thank you for all of the incredibly helpful information on this board! I'm somewhat new to candlemaking and just found this forum a few weeks ago. Boy, I wish I would have come across this a lot sooner!

I've wanted to try candles for years but I knew the cost would be high. Last year, when I was planning my wedding, I finally took the jump and decided to make my own favors. After LOTS of testing, I was quite successful and made almost 70 apple & clover scented soy tins as favors for the fall wedding. The guests loved them! Once some family members found out I actually made them myself, they said they wouldn't burn them and that they would save them! WHAT? It's sweet to save the favor, but I need everyone to burn away and give me feeedback! lol

Needless to say, now I'm obsessed with candles! I'm slowly moving my hobby into business. So far, I've made tons for myself and given many away as gifts. I've opened an Etsy shop with a few orders and plan on doing some craft shows soon.

I've been testing all type of scents and containers. I'm in love with the Ecosoya Cb advanced, but I've grown unhappy with the scent throw. After finding this forum, it seems like most people using that wax have the same experience. Now it's back to the drawing board! Too bad, I really love it and have grown so comfortable with it, but I won't beat that dead horse in this intro post.

I'll have tons of questions about insurance and marketing so you'll be sure to hear more from me as I try to grow the business.

Here's an attachement of my wedding favors.

All the best, Melissa

[ATTACH]22196[/ATTACH]

post-13681-139458484119_thumb.jpg

Edited by Recyclights

Welcome! This forum is a great place to learn, if you haven't been there the archives are full of answers - took me weeks and weeks to get through them, and anytime I get stuck there are lots of experts here that help! Have fun!

Welcome!!

Your candles look really really great! I love your labels!

I only do melts/tarts but I love Ecosoyal Xcel. I mix it with Ecosoya PillarBlend so I don't know what it's like on its own but it makes my tarts super creamy looking.

Thanks all! I worked really hard to make the favors look nice. I ordered the labels from this place online - http://www.myownlabels.com They have some nice templates. I tried printing my own, but I really wanted a more polished look for my favor. I've ordered from them again for the tins I've been selling, but I'm starting to look around for a less expensive option.