cleaning molds

What's the best way to clean a candle mold if it's too narrow to get your hand all the way down to even wipe it out? I have a star mold and I put it in a warm oven to melt any wax but I can't even wipe it out cause my hand won't go all the way down and it just doesn't look clean to me. I thought about a pot of boiling water but was concerned if that would mess the pot up for future cooking use. I'm sure there's a simple method and I'm just overlooking.

I have some of those wicked tin molds that will slice and dice me if I even attempt to wipe them out, sooooo I use a wad of paper towels held by a long pair of ring forceps. If one doesn't have any of those lying around, some regular tongs will do. Or a clean dish mop. Or anything long and skinny that you can rubber band a paper towel wad onto... HTH :)

I use the same method, but with wooden skewers rubber banded together, paper towel in the middle and wrapped around the outside. Also I end up using paper towels around an old bottle brush as well. It flexes to get into the corners easier on the weird shaped molds.