Here we go again!

A short time ago I posted a thread on how someone here had a candle burning in a closet that caught clothes on fire and there ended up being $250,000 in damages. Well...they just had on TV how last night a lady here was changing a closet lightbulb, using a candle for light, and the flame caught clothes on fire. This lady wasn't so lucky...she lost her life:sad2:. Consumers are not as smart as we hope. So sad.:sad2:

A short time ago I posted a thread on how someone here had a candle burning in a closet that caught clothes on fire and there ended up being $250,000 in damages. Well...they just had on TV how last night a lady here was changing a closet lightbulb, using a candle for light, and the flame caught clothes on fire. This lady wasn't so lucky...she lost her life:sad2:. Consumers are not as smart as we hope. So sad.:sad2:

If there was $250,000 in damages, there's a whole lot more to the story that the media left out to make it more sensational. They do that a lot.

If there was $250,000 in damages, there's a whole lot more to the story that the media left out to make it more sensational. They do that a lot.

I think you read my post wrong...this is 2 separate incidents. The $250,000 damage was a different thread a couple of months ago where someone left a fragranced candle burning in their closet to freshen the air and the flame caught the clothes on fire. By the time they discovered the fire, it had burned thru the roof. The one where the lady died happened last night.

I think you read my post wrong...this is 2 separate incidents. The $250,000 damage was a different thread a couple of months ago where someone left a fragranced candle burning in their closet to freshen the air and the flame caught the clothes on fire. By the time they discovered the fire, it had burned thru the roof. The one where the lady died happened last night.

No, I understood it was two separate events. I thought you meant that the candle maker was sued & had to pay $250,000 in damages. But now I see you meant that the fire caused $250,000 worth of damage.