Is anyone using 4627 Comfort Blend or 43630 Harmony Blend in a tart wax recipe?

AlwaysWondering

Have you used any of the below in a you won tart blend along with a pillar blend for hardeing? Thoughts?

4627 Comfort Blend

Melt point is 125, holds up to 12% FO, says excellent hot and cold throw, very soft comes in a bag

$79.99/50 lb (equivalent to $95.98/60 pounds)

4630 Harmony Blend

Melt point is 119, holds up to 10% FO, offers much of the exceptional hot and cold throw of 4627 but comes in slab form

$89.99/60 lbs

4786 Classic Blend

Melt point is 124, holds up to 10% FO, has great fragrance throw, requires a repour

$84.99/60 lb case

Oh, I used the 4786 a lot too. it was a good wax without any additives. I think the wet spots were very minimal, but there were some. I do highly recommend this wax and the FO load capability is accurate.

My blend above with general wax and harmony does leave wet spots much more than the 4786.

I am currently testing 4794/4630 at 75%/25% and have had awesome CT & HT on most FO. The one problem I had was that I couldn't get the wax out of the clamshells easily. I had to actually put them in the freezer and then work pretty hard at getting them out..... Right now I'm attributing it to possibly pouring hotter then I should have and it adhered to plastic. I sure didn't have any wet spots though. :)

I have used both the 4627 and 4630 in a blend with 4794 votive wax. The comfort blend is exceptional. I use a 70/30 ratio.

How amazing to see this thread today! Last night, before I fell asleep, I was thinking about mixing aprox 25% 4627 comfort blend with aprox 75% 4794 votive wax.

When I was testing blends for my tarts, I tested 4630/PB at 25/75% and they made good tarts. Good mold release, great looking, good scent throw. I just decided to go with a 100% soy blend instead of a parasoy blend. I still have some of those tarts in a container and they still look great with excellent CT. And there is no frosting whatsoever. The tarts were nice and shiny, looked great.

Cheers,

Steve

I use a PB/464 blend with a little of the 4630. I get exellent hot throw and no frosting, morphing or wet spots. I tweaked my recipe a little and, although the melts still come out of the clamshell, the wax is a little softer so doesn't break as clean as I would like. Going to up the PB percentage again in the next batch. Sometimes I don't know when to just leave well enough aone! :)

I have used both the 4627 and 4630 in a blend with 4794 votive wax. The comfort blend is exceptional. I use a 70/30 ratio.

Isn't the 4627 too soft to use at 70% with the 4794? I have only made container candles with that wax and it is so messy. I have to use rubber gloves.